Unanswered: What do you think..?

What do you think the best way to create a simple survey database in access would be? I was thinking of using radio buttons and storing those as the answers based on the radio buttons, but I'm not sure what the best route to go would be. The surveys will only be about 15 questions each, so it isn't anything that complicated I wouldn't think, but if any of you have a better idea for implementing this idea, I would love to hear it!

For example, it will look like this

Question 1: what do you think about...
    A. I like it
    B. I hate it
    C. I'm indifferent
    Question 2: what do you think about...
    A. It ruled
    B. It sucked
    C. It didn't matter

And then of course I would query the results of the survey.

Thanks
    Last edited by MattUNI2001; 01-18-05 at 17:01.

Visually and for ease of use.... I would say Radio Buttons within option groups would be a good way to go. 15 questions, 15 groups.

Provided Answers: 59
    traditional surveys often have an 'other' box, how do you implement that if you want to know what the 'other' was
    A radio button works providing there is only one answer that coul dbe derived from the question
    eg "how did you find out about us?" TV, Radio, Newspaper, WordofMouth etc....

it doesn't work if the question has multiple answers
    eg "what age ranges are there in your family" 0-5,6-10,11-15........

When you design your data model I woudl definatley use a seperate table to hold details of the questions asked. That way round when some bright spark decides to change or add questions it can be accomplished fairly easily.

What are option groups?

I have never used radio buttons before..which would mean I would have to learn them which wouldnt be a big deal, but I was also thinking maybe have a question and then have a small text field where the user can enter in option "A, B, C, or D," and then when they hit the submit button...all of those answers are transferred to a table. However, this makes the user work just a LITTLE bit harder...so I would still like to use the option such as radio buttons. There won't be an other question..so that takes care of that. When I experimented very quickly with a radio box, it let me select more than 1 radio box at the same time...I'm guessing that there is probably a way to make it so you can only select one correct? Thanks for your replies guys, I really appreciate it!

Matt

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by MattUNI2001
    What are option groups?

... When I experimented very quickly with a radio box, it let me select more than 1 radio box at the same time...I'm guessing that there is probably a way to make it so you can only select one correct? ...

Matt
    Option groups are what define a group of radio buttons. Only one radio button can be selected for a given option group.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I usualy have combos with the options fed by a query (so its easy to change contents later universally).
    One of the optons could be "other", if they choose "other" then setfocus on a small memo field, if not have it skip to the next combo

for the others problem

why not have a field in the table for other and if the value in the field = other then have it show the "Other" Field with the information entered