Unanswered: Unexpected Query Engine error

I have a jsp page that is using CrystalReportViewer to view Crystal Reoprts on HTML. BY the way, I'm using the JRC here, it actually for Crystal Reports 10 if I'm not mistaken. But when I access the jsp page, the browser displays:

com.crystaldecisions.report.web.viewer.CrystalRepo rtViewer
    Unexpected Query Engine error

Does anybody know what causes this error? I think it's related with DB connection, but I don't have any idea on what to do, can somebody help me here? Thanks.

Try to redesign the report

Madhivanan

Hi Madhivanan,

Thanks for replying. But How should I redesign it?

The tomcat server which I'm using is installed in my pc as well as the JSP page, but I did not install Crystal Reports 10 on my PC. It was installed on another pc, and then I just copied the report to my pc and place it inside the folder where my JSP page can be found.

Am I required to the Crystal Reports 10 in my PC? Is that the cause of the error?
    Last edited by greenTea; 01-19-05 at 23:31.

Run the report at the Pc where Crystal report is installed.

Madhivanan

Because my setup right now is this one:
    I have installed tomcat in pc1 and the crystal reports 10 in pc2, now there is an xml file(CrystalReportEngine-config.xml) where you have to specify the report location in its <reportlocation></reportlocation> tag, this xml file is located inside tomcat same folder as my jsp page, the problem is if I would like to access the report in pc2 like what you've suggested to run the report where Crystal Reports is installed, I have to put something like <reportlocation>\\pc2\reports\</reportlocation> but it seems that this is not allowed, reportlocation is expected to be pointing at where you have installed tomcat that is pc1.

So does that mean I have to install the tomcat server and the crystal reports 10 into one pc?

Thanks again for replying
    Last edited by greenTea; 01-20-05 at 02:06.

I'm having a similar problem.

I have a web app where I added a Crystal Report into a .jsp and call that page. When I call it, I get this error (pic is referenced):

http://www.blackls1ta.com/images/UnexpQryEngError.jpg

The Data Source is set in the Crystal Report to a query in an MS Access Database.
    The report runs fine except when I call it from Rational Application Developer web.

I'm using a good call in the .jsp to get the Crystal Report ... because, when I set the Report Source to another Crystal Report that just has a title and no data source, it displays fine.

The .mdb is in the same directory as the report, which is in the same directory as the .jsp.

What do I need to do to make the Crystal Reports display?

This is what I hate about development in IBM's web tool ... hardly anyone seems to have experienced the myriad issues .NET developers are able to exchange information about.

If this were ASP.Net I were developing in, if I had this problem (which I wouldn't), either the guy across from me, or the lady behind me, or someone a phone call away or pages and pages of web links would have an explanation and possible solutions for me. With Rapid Application Developer, it doesn't seem to have been around long enough for people to know ish aobut it.

I don't mind using the tool, but the community support for it blows a big one at this point.

Any hints on this issue yet?

I get the report to come up now, if I save data with it.
    If there are parameters (I guess requiring a refresh of data) or if I save the report without data, it barfs this error message:

http://www.blackls1ta.com/images/UnexpQryEngError.jpg

If I go against an ODBC source (ARS Remedy), I get "Error finding JNDI name".

Thanks!