Talking Unanswered: open password protected backend

Good morning (it is 7:15 here in greece).

I have a database split into frontend and backend. I want to put a password to the backend (this is the easy part). I want the front end to open the password protected backend.

Thanks in advance.

Assuming the BE is just tables, all you have to do is link to the tables. If you have protected the BE with a "database" password, the linking process will ask you for the BE password.
    Winston

Question

Hi there,

This is what i want to avoid, the promt of a password. Actually the message i get when i try to access data in a table from the frontend is "Not a valid password". Is there a way from the frontend to pass the password to the backend?

My FE is password protected with UserName and Pwd. No DB password. My BE is password protected using DB password only. I link my FE MDB to the BE. A2K2 prompts for DB password during linking process. Next time I open FE there is no prompt. Reasonable security. (Unless someone think otherwise and if so please let me know). When I create MDE from FE it still works ok.
    Winston.

Winston is using the standard way of protecting an Access database, for post 97 versions of Access this should be fairly safe. For 97 it's a little less so.

If you are using tha database password you are prompted for the password when you link the tables, not thereafter.

Thank you all for your reply. I try it and it works. But after i did this i am not able to produce a mde file for my frontend. I get the error that access can't make a mde file. I am using A2000.