Unanswered: Export to Word - format fails

I'm writing a C# application (using VisualStudio 2003) which exports Crystal Reports (CR) to MS Word doc file.

Well from my side everything works fine. I get the MS Word file without having a problem. But the formatting of this MS Word file is a complete disaster. CR sets improper tabs which leads into improper formatting of a text. But I need these tabs in case I want to have the text formatted correctly. My reports are a kind of contracts and they include a lot of formatted text.

The other thing is that CR simply cuts of a portion of the text at the bottom. The text in such a report is stored in some kind of Text boxes even in a Word document. It happens CR export make them to small which cuts them in to bottom. This happens even in case I enlarge the Text boxes on the original CR.

Does somebody have any experience on that?

Or. Is there any alternative to CR? I found these CR are a very buggy application and I'm verry sorry Microsoft don't develope their own reporting solution.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Provided Answers: 1
    Crystal's export to Word is lousy, and it's export to Excel is absolutely abysmal.

Instead of outputing to Word format, try exporting to RTF (Rich Text Format). Word will read RTF easily, and you may find the results actually match your Crystal report more closely than the Word export did.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman "sqlblindman"

Sort of on the same lines, I am trying to export a crystal report to a pdf, but when I click the export button I get the following error:-

"Error in file (path of where I am trying to save to)
    Operation not implemented"

I have a feling that I may be missing a dll or something....any suggestions on this?????

For future ref:

I had to register "Exportmodeller.dll" and "Tslv.dll".

(To register 'Exportmodeller.dll', go to 'Start', 'Run' and type:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin\ExportModeller.dll"

To register 'Tslv.dll', go to 'Start', 'Run' and type:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin\Tslv.dll" )

So no more excuses!!!!!