Easy&quick convert from excel->csv

Hi,

At the office I have to convert lots of excel-files (50 or 60 a day) to csv-format (semicolon separated). No additional formatting has to be done, only a straight-forward save-as-csv.

Is there a tool which can help me out in finding a way to do this a lot quicker than the regular opening in Excel and then do save-as-csv with all the dialog-boxes?

The most convenient way would be a right-mouse-click in the Windows Explorer and then have the option "convert-to csv", but any other way which is faster than the current way is interesting...

Does anybody has a good idea about this?

Thanks for your time,
    Michael

My first thought would be an Excel macro. Store it with your other macros, then modify the xls file format registration (using Windows Explorder) to make automagically invoking that macro on a sheet a right-click option.

It will still load Excel to do all of the "heavy lifting", but it will work the way you've envisioned using the right-click from Windows Explorer.

-PatP

You also could write a quick Perl or C program

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefRebelAngel
    You also could write a quick Perl or C program
    If I'm able to do programming in any of those languages, it would be a possibility, I agree.... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    My first thought would be an Excel macro. Store it with your other macros, then modify the xls file format registration (using Windows Explorder) to make automagically invoking that macro on a sheet a right-click option.

It will still load Excel to do all of the "heavy lifting", but it will work the way you've envisioned using the right-click from Windows Explorer.

-PatP
    I'm not sure if I understand you for the full 100%; the part of the creating macro is clear of course, but how can I invoke the macro from the Windows Explorer? And can I then select multiple files simultaneously and then let the macro take care of all those files?

Right now I don't have the time needed to do a decent job of putting this together for you, so I'd suggest that you either post this in the dbforums Excel forum, or I'd check out Woody's Watch. I think it is part of Woody's Office Tools, which I think everyone ought to have anyway.

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    Right now I don't have the time needed to do a decent job of putting this together for you, so I'd suggest that you either post this in the dbforums Excel forum, or I'd check out Woody's Watch. I think it is part of Woody's Office Tools, which I think everyone ought to have anyway.

-PatP
    Thanks for your time and info, Pat. I've taken a look at Woody's site, but didn't find anything matching my needs...
    I've crossposted this question to the Excel-forum as you advised, maybe that's going to add some possibilities