Arrow Unanswered: 2 different mysql OS platforms

im totally new to linux and mysql... im using fedora core 3. i have my mysql database on my windows 2000 and i want to transfer my database to linux mysql. how can i transfer my database to fedora core? where do i place my database on fedora?

my other question is that... i started my mysql service using webmin. i created my database there and i can also access it via webmin. but my problem is that... when i run my mysqladministrator in windows... i can detect my linux but my user log in 'root' and default password '1234' cannot logged in to mysql server in linux. how can i solve this problem? : confussed :

help me please! im so desperate!

Provided Answers: 59
    i can detect my linux but my user log in 'root' and default password '1234' cannot logged in to mysql server in linux. how can i solve this problem? :
    have you set up the same permissions with the grant option in your Linux DB?

I've never done a port of the data but I would have thought you could do a dump of the data in the windows system, then transfer the dump to LInux & load to the db there