Unanswered: problem importing data..

Hello Oracle DBAs ,
    Iam trying to do a import of a .dmp file.. sized morethan 5gb on windows.
    after importing for 1/2 hr. For a perticuler table.It keep processing(for 3 days..and still on..)..Doesnt show any errors...and consumes most of cpu time.
    I tried to monitor progress of import using following script..
    SUBSTR(sql_text, INSTR(sql_text,'INTO "'),30) table_name
    , rows_processed
    , ROUND( (sysdate-TO_DATE(first_load_time,'yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss'))*24*60,1) minutes
    , TRUNC(rows_processed/((sysdate-to_date(first_load_time,'yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss'))*24*60)) rows_per_minute
    sql_text like 'INSERT %INTO "%'
    AND command_type = 2
    AND open_versions > 0;

it shows no. of rows processed (over 9 million) in min.s(10k) but..when I run the same script after some shows the same figures(9mill n..10k).

if the .dmp file is having problem why its not rising the error..
    v have waited the import to process but even after 3 days it still processing..

Can anyone please help ..

Provided Answers: 1
    This link answers lots of questions about Import/Export, and should help you. Sorry I can't answer your specific question...
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

I suggest a few things:

1. do an imp with indexfile and rows=y to see how many rows are in the table in question
    2. first import the tables with constraints=N and indexes=N but rows=Y
    this way you eliminate any overhead due to the import creating indexes and enabling constraints on those large tables.
    Once that import is done, import the constraints and indexes with rows=N and ignore=y
    3. I would also use the FEEDBACK option to see progress and set that to 500k or something so you can see how the load progress for the large tables is going.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...