Unanswered: Urgent - Db2 Connection problem after fixpack update-Pls Help

Hello all,

first of all..let me tell you that I am not a database adminsitrator. I am just a programmer. Anyway here is the problem.

I have a db2 version 7.1 running on a sun solaris. Today i installed fixpack 13. Here is the output of db2level command

DB21085I Instance "db2inst1" uses DB2 code release "SQL07029" with level
    identifier "030A0105" and informational tokens "DB2 v7.1.1.103", "s040930" and
    "U499165".

I am accessing the database from a windows client. I was able to connect to the database before but not anymore after the fixpack update.

I followed all the steps like they said in the fixpack readme and it was successfull...

What could be the problem and how can i solve this?

This is the error at I get on the client configuration wizard

The search for databases on the network failed.

SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "". Communication function detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "10061", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001

For additional information, press the help button. Correct the problem described in the help message and retry.

Regards

Forced_to_be_a_DB2_Admin :-)
    Last edited by faisalkm; 01-20-05 at 07:50.

Did you remember....

to restart the instance, after applying the fixpack?

You'll get that communication error, if your DB2 client can't communicate with the DB2 server instance. The usual reason is that the instance has been stopped.

I have restarted the instance after the fixpack update....the instance is running

did you update the instance and rebind the database after the fixpak, also check you svcename and make sure it matches the port name in the /etc/services and make sure nothing else is using that port
    David Quigley

also make sure that you updated the client to the lastest fixpak also. There have been times where the fixpaks would not work between clients and have issues.
    David Quigley

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg21164785 has some suggestions

James Campbell