Unanswered: how to edit 15mb sql file?

HI,
    I just lost some tables from mysql database I have the backup file now I want to Restore The Missed Tables from that backup but it is a 15 mb file and I m unable to open it with an editor can any one suggest any good editor which can support this huge file or any solution.

Thanx

When you are using Windows try Ultraedit...
    www.ultraedit.com

Though any editor should be able to work with it (e.g. OpenOffice/MS-Word/...)

Thanx JDobbelsteen

Thanx JDobbelsteen!
    ultra edit Really Solve my Problem Thanx a lot.

Hi,

i got some larger files. lets talk about 1 to 3.5 GB yes Gigabytes. ultraedit is not really capable of handling such a file.

Any other recommendations?

Greetings Marcel

What is the content/type of the file?

Is there any other way?
    Can you break it into smaller pieces using some tool/script?
    Can you feed it into a database and perform the conversion there (this is designed for large data volumes)?

Anyway, why you want to manually edit a file over hunderd megabytes? If you want a piece, your better of writing a simple tool/script to do that. If its specialized content, there is probably a better way.

If you need to strip the data to feed it into a database, you might be better of writing a tool/script for it yourself if there database doesn't provide enough support.

- Joris Dobbelsteen

My editor of choice is EditPlus, but I ran into the same problem with some 0.5 GB files.

I used a freeware file splitter called HJSplit, which is a bit simple, but works fine for solving large file editing problems.

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/