Unanswered: New to Database Programming

Although I've been programming in C++ for about 2 years, I've never had any experience doing any database programming. I don't know the first thing about it.

I have Ms Access and .NET and I was wandering if someone could tell me how I could get writing and running SQL code. I've tried doing it in Access but all you seem to be able to do is just create tables and stuff. And when I tried it in .NET I was even more lost.

Please help. I want to learn, write and execute SQL code.

Préverenges, Switzerland
    get started in SQL here for free. check each example you play with in access - probably you can guess that mr gates used his own flavour of SQL

there are quite a few ways to play with SQL from access.
    .recordsource for forms/reports, .rowsource for lists/combos, .openrecordset() to manipulate the data directly from code, .runsql or .execute to run action queries, querydef.SQL to edit the SQL of a saved query etc etc.

search help or here

currently using SS 2008R2

Florida, US
    since you are a C++ programmer then you should feel more comfortable with C#. here is a link for SQL tutorials with C# language. I think you might find answers to most of your questions. Focus on ADO.NET, it is the way if you are working with .NET.