Unanswered: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

Hi,
    COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

What jar should i use for this db2driver? Iam using db2java.jar . But i get errror message saying 'no suitable driver'.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sandhyab
    Hi,
    COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

What jar should i use for this db2driver? Iam using db2java.jar . But i get errror message saying 'no suitable driver'.
    Thanks in advance.
    Know that You got it while installing db2 client. Look at "Programm Files\SQLLIB\java\db2java.zip" If your platform is windows. I dont know why DB2 developers renamed db2java.jar file to db2java.zip. I had just rename zip file back to jar and enjoy the work.
    Last edited by KOHTPA; 01-21-05 at 02:57.

Wink

Thanks for your response.I tried renaming it but it still gives me "No Suitable driver".

Iam actually using db2 in a java application.In my local machine it is working fine with db2java.jar .But when i try to deploy it in production server, it is causing problems.

Any suggestion would appreciated.

I'm not sure if renaming the 'system' file is acceptable .. When you apply fixpaks, the db2java.jar file may not be updated .. Therefore your jdbc drivers may be out of step to the other db2 client components

Sandhya .. Sorry, are you sure it is the same bit of code you are trying to execute on both boxes ??

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Quote Originally Posted by KOHTPA
    Know that You got it while installing db2 client. Look at "Programm Files\SQLLIB\java\db2java.zip" If your platform is windows. I dont know why DB2 developers renamed db2java.jar file to db2java.zip. I had just rename zip file back to jar and enjoy the work.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    yes iam using the same bit of code. How do i make sure that i use the updated version of db2java.jar?

I solved the problem.Solution is to close the resultset and statements after its use in the code. Now it works perfect.
    Thanks for all your help

Sandhya, Thanks for taking time to give your feedback ... It is much appreciated - Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Quote Originally Posted by KOHTPA View Post
    I GUESS because of some database management tool can detect jar file not zip file, so they have to rename the file to make it work. Example like SQuirreL-SQL.

Hopefully can help.

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Home Services

db2 v9.7 connection errore.

[HTML]while I am trying to connect DB2 V9.7 on window 7 machine with Z/OS
    I am getting below error
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: db2svc (.\db2svc.dll is not a valid Win32 application.

I ran attached t05_bat.txt file and next attachment is having log for that file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 11
    do not mix your problems with problems of someone else - open a new entry
    do you have a license for db2 connect ?
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be