IP address question

Can anyone tell me how I would go about finding an IP address of another private user?
    Thank you!

What do you know about this user?
    Is this user in your network?
    Do you want to hack somebody?

What do you wanna do?

Ask him to call up his command prompt and type ipconfig /all on the screen. His IP address will come up and he can tell you what it is.

Or tell him your IP address and ask him to Net Send a message to you - that should carry his machine ID (as good as the IP address for most purposes).

My friend runs a website. There have been people signing up under false names. It is so Jr High really. These people used to be members of our site but were banned and now are members of another site. They are "spying" on us and taking what they read back to another website to yak about us. It has been really disturbing and we want it to stop. So, what I am looking to do is locate their IP address to see who is not who they say they are. Make sense? The thing is, I dont want the users to know I am doing this. I am not an admin of the site either, but I am trying to help "weed out" the lurkers. Thanks again!

Will this do what you need?

-PatP

It is impossible to "spy" on a public website.

Consider using some security.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

thanks Pat. That code will come in useful for a site I'm helping out with. It will add an interesting little addition.