Unanswered: OutputTo vs. Transferspreadsheet

Hello,
    I have a number of reports that need both the option to view the report and print to .pdf as well as to export the data to Excel.

One of the fields is on the report is a Memo field. If I use Transferspreadsheet, the entire contents of the memo field are exported to the .xls file. If I use OutputTo, the contents fo the memo field are truncated at 255 characters.

My issue is that I would like the .xls file to display once the data is exported. OutputTo provides this functionality, yet Transferspreadsheet does not.

Can anyone provide me a with a solution to this problem?

sorry with not being able to help you with your problem.. but your post brought up a question that i have about pdf

how are you printing reports to pdf?

Exporting a Memo field to Excel and printing to pdf

You must have Acrobat PDFWriter installed on your machine. It is set as a printer type. To print to pdf. you display the report and then select the Printer name of "Acrobat PDFWriter" and then it creates a pdf file.

Hope that helps.

thank you very much

or PDF995 (free - try google, or if you can't cope with it starting up a URL each print, multi-user licences are peanuts)
    or CutePDF (not sure of the spelling or the price)
    or ... many other free/cheap/good PDF writers i'm sure: try google.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Help with export to excel...

Glad to help with the pdf question, but does anyone have answers to my export to excel question?

Thank you ...