Unanswered: possible to override calculated value

I have text box that displays a calculated value. the calculation is done in a query. My problem is the true value sometimes is one more than or one less than the calculated value (b/c of mis-counts). So, I would like to be able to override the calculated value and manually enter the true value.

I understand that calculated values are not saved on table (which is the way my database works too). this means when I query, I would have a problem b/c I can only get the calculated value. Anyone have thoughts or ideas on how I should approach this?

The calculation is not stored anywhere so you can not edit it. You will have to correct the problem with the factors of the calculation.

I guess there's no perfect way to correct this.

Provided Answers: 59
    don't use a bound control to display the value form the query, instead load the value in code (or a macro) that way you can then change the value by a direct edit.

Alternatively
    Is the calcualted value a based on data reported in the query and shown on the form, if so you could move the calulation into a controls bound property.