- A user "informix" and a group "informix" must be known to the system.
- This installation procedure must be run by user root.
- Approximately 770 MB disk space required initially.
- Approximately 500 MB disk space if everything is installed (50 MB
for ISA, 25 MB for either version of JDBC).
0) All Products listed below
1) IBM Informix Dynamic Server 9.40
2) IBM Informix IConnect
3) IBM Informix JDBC version 2.21
4) IBM Informix System Administrator
5) Configure a Demo IDS Server (requires IDS)
Enter the number(s) of the products to install, separated by spaces
(i.e. "1 2 3"):
Install into directory (INFORMIXDIR) [/vl1/informix] :
Installing IBM Informix Dynamic Server 9.40
[I]etc/install: line 286: etc/brand: cannot execute binary file
Server installation returned a Non-Zero value
Bundle Install program has finished
Thanks for your responce.
You are right.
The source installation media was for sun-solaries.
I have downloaded media for sun-solaries and linux into same directory. That is created a problem. I was trying install informix using sun-solaries media on linux platform.
After taking correct installation media, It went through installation process.