Question Unanswered: Format(Now(), "dd-mmm-yyyy hh:nn:ss")

H E L P. SOS MAYDAY
    Format(Now(), "dd-mmm-yyyy hh:nn:ss")

The above function is used do display date and time in specified format. In my full version of Access this function functioning well both in code and query.
    Unfortunately this does NOT function as expected in some RT versions of my application.
    Can anyone tell me what could be the reason to this? Could it be a missing DLL or any wrong system settings.
    I'm now very frustrated about this problem, so any advice how to handle this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
    Sincerely Vestigo

Just for the heck of it....try placing the return contents of Now() into a Variant variable

Dim TheDate As Variant
    TheDate = Now()
    MsgBox Format(TheDate, "dd-mmm-yyyy hh:nn:ss")

It could be a missing/invalid dll or something, but then I'd expect "undefined function in expression", #Error, #Name as the result in a text control...

If you could post some details around where those errors occur (the code, controlsource (how it's formatted), query), then we'd perhaps be able to assist.

When using non default settings (non US), there are lot's of possibilities. One suspection, is that somewhere there's a control, variable or field populated with/thru a date string, that's not properly interpreted by either a query, controlsource or code.

Also keep in mind, if you're doing formatting with the "/" sign somewhere in code, that's inviting Access to pick up the local date separator in stead of "/" (which is dot (.)).

I'm fond of the following formats:
    Format(Now, "yyyy-mm-dd hh\:nn\:ss")
    Format(Now "mm\/dd\/yyyy hh\:nn\:ss")
    Roy-Vidar

Smile Hi Ha

Your proposal "Format(Now, "yyyy-mm-dd hh\:nn\:ss")" did the job, both in query and in code. (I used Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yyyy hh\:nn\:ss"))
    Thanks a lot to both of you. I'm really satisfied with your proposals.

Sincerely Vestigo

The other thing to also look at is the regional settings ... That also can be the culprit (especially since looking at your format, you're just changing the ordering of the date).
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...