Unanswered: To_char using dblink

b:= ' insert into ' || tabName ||
    ' (' || colList || ',EXT_ORG_BUS_DESC,COUNTRY_INC,DUNS,UPDATED_PGUID, LAST_UPDATED) ' ||
    ' select ' || colList ||', to_clob(ext_org_bus_desc) EXT_ORG_BUS_DESC,null,(' || TO_CHAR (DUNS,'000000000') || '),null,systimestamp ' ||
    ' from ' || tabName ||'@'||dblink;

execute immediate(b);

Its asking me to declare the DUNS Identifier, But the Column does exist in the Table, How am I suppsoed to Handle this problem ?

Thanks

Possibly the query is being built with a table you are not expecting?

Try catching the SQL statement just before you execute it. Then you can run that SQL statement by itself ie via Sql-Plus and pinpoint your problem.

HIH

I cehcked it, Something is wrong near To_char , AM I missing any quotes or anyhting, Iam executing with execute Immediate. T

You do have parens around the to_char. Don't know why you need them.

,(' || TO_CHAR (DUNS,'000000000') || '),

should probably be

select ' || colList ||', to_clob(ext_org_bus_desc) EXT_ORG_BUS_DESC,null,' || TO_CHAR (DUNS,'000000000') || ',null,systimestamp ' ||

if you grab out the SQL after it is parse and before it is executed, you can see for sure what doesn't belong.

HIH

I did exactly what you asked me to do, Its still saying the Identifier DUNS Must be declared .

b:= ' insert into ' || tabName ||
    ' (' || colList || ',EXT_ORG_BUS_DESC,COUNTRY_INC,DUNS,UPDATED_PGUID, LAST_UPDATED) ' ||
    ' select ' || colList ||', to_clob(ext_org_bus_desc) EXT_ORG_BUS_DESC,null,' || TO_CHAR (DUNS,'000000000') || ',null,systimestamp ' ||
    ' from ' || tabName ||'@'||dblink;

PLS-00201: identifier 'DUNS' must be declared

Thanks for the Help.

1, Its looking for DUNS not in the table but as a variable as it is outside your single quotes.

2.use dbms_output.put_line to output the string afterwards to check its validity.

Alan