Thread: Report Margins

Exclamation Unanswered: Report Margins

I am loosing hair over this.

I had my report printing function working perfectly, all of a suddent the report are printing outside of the margins, but non of the margnis have changed. I can't figure this out, there is absolutely no change to the margin settings, but its printing outside the margnis.

????????????????????

Provided Answers: 59
    first off what has chanegd since it last worked properly?
    have you changed the printer the report was designed for?
    have you changed the paper size?
    has you printer changed its default paper size?
    have you changed internationalisation settings?

Access seems to store the printer used at design time, if you then deploy the app on a different PC or using a different printer on the same PC there can be a contention between the 2 devices.
    HTH

<<
    I can't figure this out, there is absolutely no change to the margin settings, but its printing outside the margnis.
    >>

This happened to a client of mine just this month after he added a few lines of label text to the report. The problem was that he had inadvertently made the report itself a few gridboxes wider (although the margins themselves weren't changed). The resulting new width of the report plus the margins was more than the 8" paper width.

Also it's possible to have a margin of say .5 but the printer's minimum margin is .6 so some stuff doesn't get printed...
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips