down on the cube farm, left then right then another left

Unanswered: maximum size of a column?

I am populating a spreadsheet from an Oracle data base. Sometimes when I try to put a large chunk of data into a column the data gets wrapped onto the next line. Can anyone tell me how to circumvent this or if I can get around this limitation?
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

Look at shades answer

a question for you is it wrapping onto the next line of the same cell or into the row below?

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    It wraps to the next row is the reported problem.
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

easy answer goes out the window then,
    Just some thoughts on the issue since i dont know what your data looks like i will try to be general

1. im struggling to recreate the problem (admittingly uising notepad as my external data source). The only wawy i can get data to split cells is if i have a carriage return in my data does your data represent this in any way, im dont know oracle at all but possibly this cant happen,

2. Im running xl 2002 at the moment and possibly features have been updated to deal with this, i used to obtain data like this and all i used to do is to write a quick macro just to pull them into a line together in seperate cells but maybe this is not an option for you,

3. do you really need such large amounts of data in individual cells as it will probably be totally unreadable. but maybe this is a need of your user.

4. do you really need to hold the data in excel could you just not produce a pivot table on your view in oracle, then when you need to see some of the data you can just double click on a cell in the pivot and this will provide a list for you, i basically use Excel and MSSQL on a daily basis and try as much as possible not to take data into excel if at all possible but just generate the reports i need

But i will continue to look into this for you and see if i can come up with a soloution

David