Unanswered: Union query discrepancy

When I run the following query with a UNION:

SELECT dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.NAME, dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.TITLE, LOWFARE, ITPSG.TBLCCONLINETOOL.AMOUNT as PRICE, 15 AS Lostsavings, LEFT(dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.CostCtr, 4) AS COMPANYCODE, ITPSG.TBLCCONLINETOOL.InYear, ITPSG.TBLCCONLINETOOL.InMonth, 'TRADITIONAL BOOKING' AS Reason FROM ITPSG.TBLCCONLINETOOL INNER JOIN dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04 ON ITPSG.TBLCCONLINETOOL.AWID = dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.AWID AND ITPSG.TBLCCONLINETOOL.InMonth = dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.COLMONTH INNER JOIN dbo.TBLMONTHVALUE ON dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.COLMONTH = dbo.TBLMONTHVALUE.monthname WHERE LEFT(dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.CostCtr, 4) = '1038' AND INYEAR = '2004'AND InMonth = 'OCTOBER' AND (ITPSG.TBLCCONLINETOOL.DESTINATION = 'DOMESTIC') AND (ITPSG.TBLCCONLINETOOL.TYPE = 'TRADITIONAL') UNION SELECT dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.NAME, dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.TITLE, LOWFARE, ITPSG.TBLCCEXCEPTIONS.PRICE as PRICE, ITPSG.TBLCCEXCEPTIONS.Lostsavings AS Lostsavings, LEFT(dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.CostCtr, 4) AS COMPANYCODE, ITPSG.TBLCCEXCEPTIONS.InYear, ITPSG.TBLCCEXCEPTIONS.InMonth, ITPSG.TBLCCEXCEPTIONS.Reason FROM ITPSG.TBLCCEXCEPTIONS INNER JOIN dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04 ON ITPSG.TBLCCEXCEPTIONS.AWID = dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.AWID AND ITPSG.TBLCCEXCEPTIONS.InMonth = dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.COLMONTH INNER JOIN dbo.TBLMONTHVALUE ON dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.COLMONTH = dbo.TBLMONTHVALUE.monthname WHERE (LEFT(dbo.TBLCCINFORMATIONOCTOBER04.CostCtr, 4) = '1038') AND (ITPSG.TBLCCEXCEPTIONS.InYear = '2004') AND (ITPSG.TBLCCEXCEPTIONS.InMonth = 'OCTOBER') ORDER BY Reason

It returns these 16 records, 10 from the 1st table and 6 from the second. If I just remove the UNION operator and run them seperatly I get 11 from the 1st table and 6 from the second.

The record I am losing is the second of these two, but with the fields I am selecting they appear identical:
    R,Joseph Field Operations Director I NULL 267.0000 15 1038 2004 october TRADITIONAL BOOKING
    R,Joseph Field Operations Director I NULL 267.0000 15 1038 2004 october TRADITIONAL BOOKING

Is there any reason why the UNION statement is making that second record vanish? Is there a way I can alter the statement so I can run the query with the UNION and not lose records?

Thanks,
    -Doug Picanzi

yeah...UNION removes duplicates...

Use UNION ALL
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Thanks a lot...I knew it was something simple I was missing.
    -Doug Picanzi