Unanswered: figured out selecting the printer...CutePDF problem

is there any way of automatically saving the PDF without the Save As dialog box opening up?

When a user is hitting save documents it is saving both the Bill Of Lading and Pickupsheet

Both documents have to be saved under a directory named by their individual Reference# and then saved as [Reference#].pdf and [Reference#]-BOL.pdf

HELP!!!!

Are you sure you are in the correct forum?
    Regards,

John A

yes... spoke with M Owen regarding using CutePDF to create PDF files instead of snapshots.

CutePDF sets up a "printer" that you can select from the print dialog box to print a file to PDF.

Selecting a printer would be the same thing as if you had two printers(one at your desktop, the other over a network) and you want to print to a specific printer.

I'm looking to find if anyone has used any of these PDFs and has learn to name the file with an automated process.

Anyone that knows anythings about creating PDFs in Access please help.

Quote Originally Posted by DackJaniels
    yes... spoke with M Owen regarding using CutePDF to create PDF files instead of snapshots.

CutePDF sets up a "printer" that you can select from the print dialog box to print a file to PDF.

Selecting a printer would be the same thing as if you had two printers(one at your desktop, the other over a network) and you want to print to a specific printer.

I'm looking to find if anyone has used any of these PDFs and has learn to name the file with an automated process.

Anyone that knows anythings about creating PDFs in Access please help.
    Check this page:

http://www.cutepdf.com/Solutions/pdfwriter.asp

I guess the "Custom Module" bypasses the SaveAs dialog ...

- Mike
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

hate to be that guy but....

I decided against the whole thing and just bought Adobe Professional

how do I automate the save as dialog with using Adobe, naming the file within code?

I'm sorry about the indecisiveness but I haven't done access programming in a long time and i'm working on a new project for a new job that I want to make sure is cost effective and works the best it can