This is a permanent position with a major employer in the St. Louis area. Excellent growth opportunities and compensation. You will be responsible for everything from day-to-day table creation, and moving data between development environments, to system upgrades and troubleshooting problems that occur in the environment. You will have frequent interaction with the development teams as well as other technical resources to manage the SQL Server environment, which consists of over 200 medium sized applications. You are the right person for the position if you have strong SQL skills, experience tuning SQL queries & databases, set and maintain backup and recovery procedures, migrate data to SQL, DTS, and scripting experience.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and 2000 Administration - 4-5 years.
* Migrating data to SQL Server databases from many sources - 3-4 years.
* Performance and tuning of SQL Server queries - 4-5 years.
* Working directly with SQL Server backups and recoveries - 3-5 years.
* Experience writing and debugging Microsoft DTS packages - 3-4 years.
* Microsoft NT/2000/2003/XP system administration skills - 3-5 years.
To apply for this position, send an email to email@example.com and attach your resume (Word preferred). Please include "Sr. SQL Server DBA" in the subject line and indicate in your email that you saw this on dbforums.com. Let us know in your email the best time to reach you to discuss your careers goals and this position in more detail.