Unhappy Unanswered: Tomcat 1.4 can not connect DB2 V8.1 on AMD64

Hi,

I am trying to make a UBD DB2 8.1 connection using the Java
    COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver via Tomcat 1.4.3 on AMD64 + SuSE SLES9. The JDK is IBM 1.4.2. Then I found below strange info in my jsp:
    "java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver"

But in fact, I have renamed db2java.zip in DB2 folder to db2java.jar, and put it into everywhere I could imagine (webapps/my_proj/WEB-INF/, ....). I have put the path of db2java.jar into CLASSPATH environemnt variant.

Another strange matter is that when I put almost the same code into one java app, and compile it / run it, I found I could find the db2 driver. God, save me!

Thanks very much!

hi
    you have tomcat and db2 into same server?

maybe you can user the: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver

abel.

Quote Originally Posted by achiola
    hi
    you have tomcat and db2 into same server?

maybe you can user the: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver

abel.
    Yes, I am using them in the same server. :-(

So, you've copied the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java and placed it into your webapps/my_proj/WEB-INF/lib directory, recycled tomcat, and retested? This should be sufficient. Have you applied any fixpack to DB2 after you copied db2java.zip? If so, you must recopy as the fixpack probably has updates. BTW: DON'T JUST RENAME db2java.zip that is located in SQLLIBjava - this is BAD! Do not touch db2java.zip that is in SQLLIB - ONLY copy it to db2java.jar into the TOMCAT directory. Make sure db2java.zip that is in SQLLIB is the one that is in your CLASSPATH.

Thank you very much for the reminding!
    But I did not apply any patch, did not rename db2java.zip, and db2java.zip is inside the CLASSPATH. :-(