Question MS Office 2003 - Installation error

Hello Experts,

I tried to install MS office 2003. I entered the product key and pressed enter and I received an error message "Microsoft Office Setup cannot continue because the installation source has been corrupted."

Can somebody please help me to solve this error.

Many Thanks

Tampa, FL
    Look Here
    The power of google.

Rio Rancho, New Mexico

Exclamation Fatal Error During Installation (Office 2003)

I download Office 2003 online (the 60-day trial version). I donwload the file (twice) and everytime I want to install it in my computer the executable file unzips the files but the Setup Wizard never appears, instead there is a small window saying: "Fatal Error During Installation". It doesn't tell me what kind of error, nor any number to refer to in the microsoft knowledge database. Simply that sentence: "Fatal Error During Installation."

I think that it is a problem with my Windows XP, not with Office itself, but I am not sure. I had problems before when I was trying to uninstall Quicken 2005, and I had to use a small program called "Windows Install Clean Up" because the process was interrupted for some reason.

I am also using RegCure to clean the registry of my computer, since it crashed few months ago and I lost all of my data (of course I had backups).

I hope someone could give me some advice.