Unanswered: Pervasive SQL 8 installation on a Terminal Server environment

Hi

We’re having a problem with a pervasive SQL 8 installation just moved to a Terminal Server environment (Windows 2000). The Pervasive engine reports a “btrieve error 12”. According to the Pervasive website this is caused by the MicroKernal when it can’t find a file. This doesn’t help us much since we don’t know which file/files that cause the problem.

Does anyone have a clue about might be the problem. We’re guessing it has to do with files normally found in the window and/or windows/system folder, but now when we’re running on a TS pervasive is probably looking for the files in the userspecific counterparts of these folders. At least this is our guess.

FYI: The application calling the Pervasive SQL is a Delphi 7 application using the Pervasive PDAC components from Delphi.

Any help would be appreciated!

/Jonas Bergman

I know that 2000i and I beleive the same is for Ver 8 have issues if you install them using terminal services. I was also aware that the PCC had problems with rights when runnin it under TS.

There are some docs on Pervasive web site that have this information if you look for Terminal Services.

Provided Answers: 4
    A status 12 means that the PErvasive engine can't find one of the data files. With the app using PDAC, you need to make sure that the database (and Data Source) are created properly and pointing to the proper location. Where's the data located in relation to the Terminal Server?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Both the database and the application resides on the same computer. Everything works fine when the TS is running in INSTALL-mode but when switched to EXECUTE-mode we get the error 12.

/Jonas Bergman

In that case, it almost sounds like a rights/configuration issue. Are you able to access the data using the Pervasive COntrol Center in EXECUTE mode? If not, does it still give the status 12?
    Have you contacted the vendor of the application. Do they support running on a Terminal Server?
    Mirtheil Software

I can´t remember now if I tried the Control Center. The databases can be browsed in Explorer, even in Execute mode. I will try the Control Center tomorrow. We are the vendor, kind of, at least we have been given the source code in a (desperate) attempt to get the system working. Probably the best thing would be to move the database to another server. I will drive over to the customer tomorrow and perform a couple of tests, includning moving the database.

If you've got the source code, debug into it to find which file is giving the status 12. I would try PCC and then the sample called "PDAC Samples" from http://www.pervasive.com/developerzo...thods/pdac.asp. Use the sample to try to access your data (and DEMODATA). Do they give the same status 12?
    Mirtheil Software