Exclamation Unanswered: Empty Row Problems. Please HELP!!

For some reason, on exit from my application when the user uses the X at the top right and the values in the text boxes are blank Access will enter in an empy row in the table. This will happen repeatedly. Is there a reason for this and what can I do to stop this from happening? It's very frustrating so anything you can do to help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi,

Can you explain better, because i don't understand if the user leaves Access with a form opened, or if the user close the form with a blank record, but Access is still opened.

When the user closes the form with the fields empty but Access is still open it leaves an empty record and it'll do this infinitely, it seems, which is an obvious problem. I don't want like 30 blank rows with 45 good rows of data, obviously.

you might want to disable the default close button of the window and implement your own close button in the form. and before closing check if record is dirty, if it is undo record before closing the form.
    ghozy.

Smile

That seems to work great. Thanks a lot. When you written your reply I was tinkering around with the Undo function and your suggestion got me to where I needed to be. Thanks

good, glad to help.
    ghozy.