Unanswered: Help! Sorting memo fields

Hi,

I'm using Crystal Reports to run reports on data from Amicus Attorney. In Amicus Attorney I created several custom fields holding data (some numbers and some text). It turns out that the custom fields are saved as memo fields. Is there any way that Crystal Reports 8.5 can sort info in these fields (alphabetize, for example) or that they can be converted into text or number fields? I've been able to convert text fields to number fields with the ToNumber command, but haven't found a way to convert memo fields.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

-Andrew

Use ToText function

Madhivanan

Still doesn't work

With a ToText formula I get the message that says "A number, currency, amount, boolean, date, time, date-time, or string is expected here." It doesn't seem to be able to convert memo fields to text. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Lightbulb

Per Crystal Help:

Sort field

A sort field is the field that determines the order in which data appears on your report. Almost any field can be used as a sort field, including formula fields. A field's data type determines the method in which the data from that field is sorted.

Note: You cannot sort on memo or BLOB fields.

BUT, you may be able to create a formula e.g.
    Left({TableName.MemoField}, 255)
    and try sorting by that formula (it worked for text field data from SQL Server).

Best of luck!