Unanswered: Steps to create a new instance in solaris

I am new to DB2 moved from oracle.

env. DB2 8.1 on solaris

1. Can anyone tell me what are the steps for creating new instance .
    2. Do we need to perform any steps before creating the instance.

3. What are the default values it will take if we just give

db2icrt -s ESE -u fenceduser db2inst
    and under which directory it will create the folders for instance.

4. Is it complusory to connect as Root user for creating instance or we can do it connecting as DASuser.

It requires root. You can first create a new user name in Solaris that is the same as the new instance name you will use. For convenience, you can use the same password as the default instance id. The db2icrt command will use the directory path of the new instance name.

I would first edit the etc/services file and create the port numbers, and then reference the new port number in using the -p parmeter.

The net result is that the new instance will have a new instance owner id (different from the default instance) and a new port number. This will help you know what instance you are logged on to, and make it easy to catalog the TCP/IP node remotely to get to the correct instance.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thx Marcus.

1. Do we need to create the new user before creating instance, will it not create it automatically when we create the instance, like it does when we install DB2 it will create user db2inst1 same as instance name.?

2. Do we need to add port explicitly, will it not add the new port to services file when we give db2icrt command?

3. what is meant by 'The db2icrt command will use the directory path of the new instance name.' which path it will take?

Thx in adv