Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Unanswered: Create a form with many text boxes USING CODE

I would like to create many text boxes on a form. I would like to know if I could write code that would create text boxes based on numbers I have in a table.
    We have baseball players each has a number that reflects their age in this table. In this example of 7 year olds, Example: Joe Smith 701, Bob Johnson 702, etc.
    I want to create a form that just has NUMBERS, say from 700 to 765. The numbers would only create the number based on the # of players in the table of that age group.
    I started to do this by copying/pasting each text box one at a time, it will take forever, having to name each one, edit numbers, etc.etc.

I would like to create a form where I enter the age group... say 8 year olds and the form would look up in the players table all the 800's and create a form that has all those numbers.
    Is this possible??

Thank You sooooooooooo Much,
    Michael
    Gotta to do some code

Any ideas?

Michael
    Gotta to do some code

Provided Answers: 1
    Use a subform with criteria matching that which you specified above?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

NOT AGAIN ... Access allows a max of 255 controls on a form/report ... Another masterpiece of confusion and busy-ness ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Can't use a subform. All I want is a text box that I can make not visible once their name is chosen during the draft.
    I will not have over 100 controls on each form. I will create 1 form 701-799, then I will create a second form 801-899.

Michael
    Gotta to do some code

Quote Originally Posted by surfacesys
    Can't use a subform. All I want is a text box that I can make not visible once their name is chosen during the draft.
    I will not have over 100 controls on each form. I will create 1 form 701-799, then I will create a second form 801-899.

Michael
    ... ?

And why can't you use a subform to do that?

WHERE NameWasChosen <> ValueForTrue

Sorry, I thought you mean't datasheet? Brain fart

I can make a subform no problem. How do I create a subform using code, to give me all the numbers in text boxes? I just don't want to create (possibly) 99 text boxes for each age group?

Thank You,
    Michael
    Gotta to do some code

I would like to create many text boxes on a form. I would like to know if I could write code that would create text boxes based on numbers I have in a table.
    We have baseball players each has a number that reflects their age in this table. In this example of 7 year olds, Example: Joe Smith 701, Bob Johnson 702, etc.
    I want to create a form that just has NUMBERS, say from 700 to 765. The numbers would only create the number based on the # of players in the table of that age group.
    I started to do this by copying/pasting each text box one at a time, it will take forever, having to name each one, edit numbers, etc.etc.

I would like to create a form where I enter the age group... say 8 year olds and the form would look up in the players table all the 800's and create a form that has all those numbers.
    Is this possible??
    This is so wrong in so many ways, I just don't know where to start.

How would you react if I said I wanted coach a baseball team, but we were going to practice with footballs instead of baseballs and pool cues instead of bats?

If you don't use the software the way it is supposed to be used, you are not going to get very far.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Michael
    ... And what happens if you have a 1000 kids???? That's 10 forms ... Let's approach this from a different angle ... How many kids will there be for this draft?

We draft 2 ages at a time. For example, 7 year olds and 8 year olds. We have never gotten over 90 kids. Therefore, I should be safe
    Gotta to do some code

We draft 2 ages at a time. For example, 7 year olds and 8 year olds. We have never gotten over 90 kids. Therefore, I should be safe
    Ok ... Now how, do you want this "draft" to work? Can I assume that all the kids names will be displayed? So you then want as each kid is drafted that their name be taken off the board ... Right?

That is exactly right.

Here is what we do now by hand.
    1) Each manager has a list of players
    2) All player numbers are written on a chalkboard.
    3) As players are picked, we write player numbers on a list next to their respective coach. We also erase the players number off of the chalkboard.

I just wanted to create a form at with player numbers in place of the chalkboard.
    I want to create a form that acts as the list of players picked.
    These are my goals in this project.

Michael
    Gotta to do some code

That is exactly right.

Here is what we do now by hand.
    1) Each manager has a list of players
    2) All player numbers are written on a chalkboard.
    3) As players are picked, we write player numbers on a list next to their respective coach. We also erase the players number off of the chalkboard.

I just wanted to create a form at with player numbers in place of the chalkboard.
    I want to create a form that acts as the list of players picked.
    These are my goals in this project.

Michael
    Okay ... Well ... How about say a form in datasheet view with either 5 or 10 columns wide where each cell is a player (either name or #)? When a player is "drafted", his/her name is pulled from the draft board (either delete or mask the player - You'll have a gap where they were) ...

Have another form for the drafted players. Each column will be a team and as the players are drafted, they'll appear under each column ...

This kinda work for you?

No, this is a schema issue. I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

This can be done quite easily as a report with grouping levels set to your age group. It doesn't sound like you need this to be an interactive form.

M Owen... I think you might just have it! How in the world would I even start to do something of this nature. Keep in mind I am very green when it comes to coding.

Michael
    Gotta to do some code