Thread: please help me

Unanswered: please help me

Hi all, I have a problem here which I have to solve promptly, may I know what language should i use and how to go about doing it?

I have a webpage A with 2 textbox (username & password) and a submit button. What can i do to extract the data from this page and then link to another website B and at the same time automatically log into the website B.

Thanks in advance..

with regards,
    infuture

Are your database A and B located in the same database server or different database servers? If they are not in same network, are you able to access database B?

<<
    I have a webpage A with 2 textbox (username & password) and a submit button. What can i do to extract the data from this page and then link to another website B and at the same time automatically log into the website B.
    >>

Perhaps you could post to the other Web site's login page (or actually to the page on the other Web site that receives the post of the login page as the page might not necessarily post back to itself).
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

Quote Originally Posted by gyuan
    Are your database A and B located in the same database server or different database servers? If they are not in same network, are you able to access database B?
    Actually by right, the user should key in the username and password on Website B himself, but the I wanna to skip Website B's loggin page. Instead I want to use Website A's loggin page to loggin into Website B. Let's take it that we can access 2 database. May i noe how about doing it..?

yours sincerely,
    infuture

That means when the user submits her/his username and password on website A she/he will be redirected to the page on website B, right? Does each database have own Users table or just database A has the Users table?

Anyway, you need to store the cookies on client's computer and those cookies can be read from the page on website B.

Quote Originally Posted by gyuan
    That means when the user submits her/his username and password on website A she/he will be redirected to the page on website B, right? Does each database have own Users table or just database A has the Users table?

Anyway, you need to store the cookies on client's computer and those cookies can be read from the page on website B.

I think that is not need to access into the database. All I want is to enter the values into the 2 textboxes in website A and click on the button and the values of the 2 textboxes will be passed to the 2 textboxes in website B.