Unanswered: Unrepairable database

Hi,

A customer sent me his corrupt database and I tried to repair it. No way, I could not even open it.
    When I observed the data ina viewer, I noticed that the file did not start with four hex bytes <00><01><00><00>, but with 'SZDD'. Text that is readable in a normal database, seems to be corrupted/encrypted? in this database.
    Maybe this database is opened and saved with another program, although our customer says it isn't (they always say so...). Does anyone recognize this 'SZDD' sequence??

google throws up tons of stuff for "SZDD header" - no idea if it is in any way relevant to your situation tho!

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

You could try repairing thru the ODBC ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Try this for a quick and dirty. I've done it before successfully.

Open Access and create a new database. In the new database, click on the File menu, go to Get External Data, and select Import. In the dialog box, make sure you select the proper database type, and select your customer's database. In the various tabs of the Import dialog box, click on Select All. Open the Options, and make sure you import every possible feature. Click OK to start the import, and sit back. I betcha you'll be OK.

Good luck,
    Sam

I found out that the 'SZDD' sequence means that the file is compressed with Microsoft's own Compress.exe. Unfortunately, after using Expand, the database is corrupt in some way, so I cannot recover it completely.