Unanswered: Database storage limitations in sql server

Whats the limitations of data storage in sqlserver DB. How will be the perforamcne if i have database which will get a data of 400 GB per year and all the data should be there in the table the whole year and then it can be archived.

on the wrong server
    Provided Answers: 6
    according to ms you can continue to scale out and up if you use multiple servers clustered together with distributed partitioned views. more hardware. more sql liscenses. no problem. right.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

And the alternative is...? 32-way 32-bit cluster with a terabyte or 2 of RAM and the SAN of SAM. You gotta go up or out. I prefer out or both. I don't expect my software for free.

Read up on Google's technology. They can go out on 386 machines - discards. And as soon as people start discarding 1GHz machines, they'll switch to a real operating system.
    Last edited by MaxA; 02-02-05 at 04:00.