Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    248

    Unanswered: table fragmentation by roundrobin

    Hello everybody.

    I want to fragment a table using roundrobin.
    What is the syntax for the table creation with the extent sizes?
    I can not find it in the manuals.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    183

    Wink A small example

    I believe the sysntax is:

    CREATE TABLE ... ( .......
    ......
    ) FRAGMENT BY ROUND ROBIN IN <space1>,<space2>
    EXTENT SIZE <size> NEXT SIZE <size>;

    Beware that the specified extent size is the size of a fragment. So if you specify 10.000 the above table will be 20.000 kb in size.

    Hope this helps,

    Rob

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    248
    Thank you, appreciate it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by artemka
    Hello everybody.

    I want to fragment a table using roundrobin.
    What is the syntax for the table creation with the extent sizes?
    I can not find it in the manuals.

    Any suggestions?
    Why don't you look at the f***ing manual?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by blackguard
    Why don't you look at the f***ing manual?
    If I had the F***ing manual I would of looked. Nobody asked for your smart ass remark anyway.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by artemka
    If I had the F***ing manual I would of looked. Nobody asked for your smart ass remark anyway.
    You said, you CANNOT find it. Its in the Informix Guide to SQL: Syntax Manual.

    When you post a question here, its directed to everyone. Next time don't ask a stupid question.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by blackguard
    You said, you CANNOT find it. Its in the Informix Guide to SQL: Syntax Manual.

    When you post a question here, its directed to everyone. Next time don't ask a stupid question.
    How about you keep your comments to yourself

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    183
    Hi to all,

    Normaly I try not to get involved in these discussions. Especially in the ICT where everyone thinks he's right (and the other is wrong of course).

    I think for regular vistors of this forum it is not too much trouble to search for interesting cases. Be honest guys, there is not really an information overload on this forum. I know that in the time I started with Informix there was no internet, and sometimes I would be very glad with some simple tips and tricks. That's also the reason I answered to this question (as with many others).

    I think the best way to deal with info you don't like to ignore it. On the other hand Artemka, I think it would also be good for you not to respond in thsi mannor.

    Conclusion: Pleasy guys leave this forum civilized.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •