Unanswered: Need HELP with concept

I am working with Visual Basic and Access 2003.

What is the best way to get a user to customize a query, presuming they know NOTHING about SQL or code?

I was thinking, have a listbox filled with the Access Tables, and when the user clicks on one of the tables, another list box will fill up with the fields for that table... Then with arrows, have the user choose which tables to link up, and then have the system figure out how to display it....

Does Crystal Reports give the user this ability? What exactly does Crystal Reports do that a data environment item do?

Provided Answers: 1
    Crystal is designed to do exactly what you describe. Access could theoretically be forced to do something similar, but it would be quite an undertaking.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I am not sure if any of you are familiar with Morning Star... It's an investment program... It does that single arrow double arrow thing that access does when you want to specify which fields you want to show regarding data...

Can Crystal reports figure out what the primary key is for the table design without code explaining it?

How much does Crystal Reports cost?

check out this book:

Beginning Access 2002 VBA (ISBN: 0-7645-4402-0) is a book from a class that I took in the past. I use the code in there or variations on it using ADODB and the cmd object to dynamically make queries based on controls on a form all the time. They actually have code using DAO in chapter 7 to do exactly what you want but you can accomplish the same thing in ADODB using the cmd object and docmd.delete to delete the query first. Good luck to you.

How can I program out the fields of a table using ADO? I know how to change the .Source of the ADO, and then refresh it. But I don't want to create a bunch of arrays that store the possible fields of tables. I want the ability to see all the tables available and also be able to link them properly based on the schema of my relationships... And then be able to dynamically generate a report (either DataReport or DataGrids... but reformatting datagrids could be too difficult/time consuming)...

And if Crystal Reports is user friendly, I guess I may want to go with that, right?