Question Unanswered: Help with OpenReport error

Hi everyone:

I've encountered a really frustrating problem with Access that I hope someone can help me with. We have about 13 users accessing the same database. From one of those computers I am suddenly receiving the error "The OpenReport Action was cancelled" when trying to run any of the reports. I also cannot edit the design of the reports. The reports worked before on this computer. The only thing that I changed between them working and not working is the printer settings. I was having trouble printing and had to reset the default printer. This doesn't seem related, but it's hard to tell.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Hi,

If you don't set a default printer you can't open any report. Experience the following, don't set-up a printer, and try to make a quick report using the wizards. You'll note that Access gives you an error, because you don't have any printer set by default.

Thanks

Thanks!

That is the problem after all. There's something funny going on with our printers which I will have to fix later - but if I set a non-problem printer as default there are no more problems running reports. Thanks a lot!