Question Unanswered: Help with Paste Errors from Appends

I have two databases set up; one is the master and the other is the daily data entry. It was set up this way to clean the daily data before importing it into the master. Unfortunately, there is a chance of getting duplicate data.

When importing, I set up a new table(tbl_import) and append it to an existing one(tbl_TaggedAssets). The fields for each of the tables are: Asset tag number, make, model, sn, mac, location, user, phone, cpu, hd, ram, and monitor. The Asset Tag number is the Key and I don't allow duplicates. Once I append tbl_Import to tbl_TaggedAssets, all the duplicates are bumped into the newly-created PasteErrors table.

With that being said, I want to be able to compare tbl_import to tbl_TaggedAssets and find the DIFFERENCES. That way I can create a new table and append that.

I know all this could be avoided by only having one table, but the data entry clerk is not technical enough to handle it. So, this is the only way to track her daily entries.

Can some guru please help me streamline this process???? Cause, right now I'm allowing dups in the Asset Tag field and I have to compare the dups in the table, field by field. And firing the data entry clerk is not an option.

Thanks in advance,
    Donna

undefinedundefinedundefined

Try running the Find Unmatched Query Wizard ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...