Question Unanswered: Looking for a basic MS Access database

I'm looking for a basic MS Access database (Access 97 or newer) that will allow me to create and print Purchase Orders. I am required to print three copies of each Purchase Order - First copy to Supplier, Second copy to Accounts Section and the Third copy to be retained on my files.

Does anyone know of such a database that I can download and modify for my needs?

Many thanks..

Have you checked into the database samples that come with MSAccess? Go to Files -> New -> Database tab. The inventory control or the Order Entry maybe just what you need.

Hope this helps.

SHK

Quote Originally Posted by pbrydone
    I'm looking for a basic MS Access database (Access 97 or newer) that will allow me to create and print Purchase Orders. I am required to print three copies of each Purchase Order - First copy to Supplier, Second copy to Accounts Section and the Third copy to be retained on my files.

Does anyone know of such a database that I can download and modify for my needs?

Many thanks..
    You're asking for a bit more then a database; a database would only be a set of tables... You are asking for an actual program, something someone put hours into, which usually means it costs money

It sounds very basic what you need, do you need that info actually stored in a database or would those three hardcopies be enough? Then a standard-letter (template) with a macro that prints it 3 times would be the easiest solution I think...

If you want it stored, its still simple and you might wanna make it yourself (or some smart whizkid in your family), it'd be easy to make and you'd be sure it was 100% custom made..

To go short, I don't know a site where you can d/l it, but try google on keywords, Access + cash system + download or smt. Maybe this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...345571033.aspx , I can't find anything more this quickly. gl

... And my 2 cents: I developed a purchase order system ... It took 6 months to do ... So, like avlan said, I doubt that there is going to one just laying around ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Thanks guys for your quick replies. Grateful if you could keep your eyes peeled for anything basic that is available oth there.

Many thanks once again...