Unanswered: Need some insight on remote access

Hello,

I'm working on a database to support our sales group, and I'd like for them to be able to access at least part of it from the road. They currently complain about our company server being too slow to access remotely, so I'm afraid they'll be less likely to use it once it's up.

I'm trying to think up a way that they can add new instances of our order worksheet to the database without using this server. Is there a way to sync up with our master one? Should I put it online? What areas should I research if I have an Access database and want to use more than data access pages?

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllp pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Have you looked into using replicas? I don't have experience using replicas, but I think you will find them useful in your situation. Whether the sales people get to the primary database over the internet or via the company network, you should be able to set it up so that each sales person can sync when needed.

One advantage of using the replicates is that each sales person can enter his/her data without being online and then sync later. For an on-the-road sales force, there's a definate advantage of not having to be "online" to access needed information.

Read through the Access Help topics on "replicate database" and check the forum to see what others have experienced before making your decision.

Good luck,

Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie!

I have seen that option before, but wasn't sure what it did. Looks right up my alley.