Unanswered: hi all need some help or import cmd

Hi i'm quite new to access and was figuring out how to program using the DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet.

I have a code attached to a a button like below

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, 8, "Bony2", "C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Desktop\3.xls", True, "A1:K80"

the probelm is i want the user to specified the cell range to import. Maybe i can give a text box for user to enter that value but how to transfer that value back to the above code.

If i don't want the user to specify the range and leave it blank in the above code....access always prompt me that a field doesn't exist in my access database. However i had everything in tact and the required field and property done up. If i specified the range then everything is ok. So anybody can advice?

Thanks in a dvance for any help i could get.

I'd suggest your best bet would be to put a text box onto a form where the button resides. Then I'd suggest your code to be ...

Private Sub cmdTranser_Click()

Dim strRange as string

txtRange.SetFocus

strRange = txtRange.text

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, 8, "Bony2", "C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Desktop\3.xls", True, strRange

End Sub

Something like this should work, although the range the user specifies would have to have the ':' in there too.

Hope this works and hope it help.

DaveO.

Hi daveo61 thank for your help. Haven't try yet but i think it will work...thanks alot