Thread: access lag?

Unanswered: access lag?

Some forms take a lot longer to load and/or save in design mode, anyone know why this would be?

The database is not too large... and only certain forms sometimes take an extremely long time to load

The system is designed with front end/back end and the linked tables are on the server over the network. Brand new computer, plenty of RAM and processor speed. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

There could be other apps on your network slowing processes down, or consuming resources.
    Who imported me here?

nothing running on the server except for anti-virus...

and there is a 1.5Gb RAM

Provided Answers: 59
    No idea if it will assist but have you comoacted the databaase, Access has a habit of retaining redundant objects, they could be assoicated with a specific form

the number of controls may also have an impact. failing that I'd look for code in the open & load events, and possibly on current event of a form and just check to see if you are doing any significant processing

could be a bloated index which is no longer balanced (again compact & repair should help)

sorry, no definate solutions maybe someone else has been there before

i've compacted and repaired, I have decompiled, I have imported all forms into a new database... checked Current, Load, Open....

there seems to be no explanation...

HELP!!!