Thumbs up Unanswered: Backup best choice [RESOLVED]

I need to know, what is best choice to provide backup of my MS Access DB that goes with .NET app .... do i need to zip before i copy to another location/drive and is it possible to be done in Access or i need additional steps in vb.net?
    Thanks
    Last edited by jugomkd; 02-07-05 at 11:56.

Provided Answers: 1
    Not nearly enough information.

What do you mean to backup? What are you backing up to? Just the data or the entire file? Are you replicating to another database? Local or over IP?

The best backup choice depends on your specific situation.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

MS Access DB, Entire file with no replicating to another db ... localy (just to move copy to another DRIVE let's say from C:\ to D:\ drive
    Means entire Access DB file to be saved on another location, zipped or nonzipped no matter
    Thanks in advance

so youre just keeping a backup, just copy it to the new location and zip it up to save space and name it with the current date just to tell you what it is for recording purposes, or is there anything specific your thinking of like losing references to your application.
    im a tad confused at why theres a problem here,
    have you referenced the db from the application from a specific path or if it is your own application and db to use it did you not just stick it in the bin folder and use the reflection.assembly etc. to access the application path or are you providing a clean db with your application in case the user messes it up,
    are you trying to automatically create a backup via your code to a specific location,
    as you see im just a little confused at what your trying to achieve

I'm recognizing this post as resolved thank you
    Maybe i will consider another option (send to myself by e-mail, or burn on CD) later, but for now i'm satisfied with copy to another location