Thread: Pie Chart

Unhappy Unanswered: Pie Chart

Hi,
    I'm building a report with Pie Chart and I would like to make some formatting changes, which I'm unable to do so.
    I would like decrease the font-size for the data labels of the chart without changing the chart size. I want the figure (ie chart) to be big enough and just decrease the data labels fonts.
    I'm using Crystal Report version 9.0
    Please help.
    Thanks.

I may have misunderstood what you are asking for, but ...

You should be able to highlight one of the data labels by left clicking on it, then right-click on it to get a menu, choose Chart Options -> Selected Item, and change the font there.

Unhappy pls.

can u tell me, how one can select the data labels in the chart.
    i was unable to do it.

I'm using Crystal 10, so perhaps it is slightly different.

I can see the data labels (slice labels) from the Design tab or from the Preview, If I left-click on one of these labels, Windows adds 'handles' around it (8 small squares marking the boundary of the field). I can now right click on the selected field (or choose the Chart menu option) and choose Chart Options, followed by Selected Item.

Lightbulb

OK, I tried it with Crystal 8.5, and the behaviour is slightly different. Perhaps Crystal 9 is closer to 8.5 than to 10?

In Crystal 8.5 if I right-click on the chart, one of the menu options is 'Chart Analyzer...'. Click on that and I get an Analyzer tab next to the Design and Preview tabs. In the Analyzer tab I can select the data label, get the windows handles, right-click and select Format Chart->Selected Item.

Does this help?