Unanswered: Overflow Message

I have a report that won't run due to an overflow message. This report was working until I made an unrelated change to something elsewhere in the data base. When I check the queries that the report run off, there are overflow messages there. The main query works but when I put the criteria in, I get the overflow message. The query/report is for dollar bands and the criteria is a range (i.e. <=.10) for a field that holds percentages in it. I don't know why the query stops working as soon as I enter the criteria. Any ideas??

An overflow is usually cause by trying to put a number that is too large into a variable or table field. For example, if you try to put a number larger than 32,767 into a field that is an Integer you will get an Overflow error. Are you using CInt or CLng in your queries? What about addition or multiplication? What if you open the queries that the report uses, do they show any errors?

Thanks for resopnding. The queries that the report uses show the overflow message as well but only once the criteria is input. The field is a calculation that derives a percentage with two decimal places. This runs just fine. However, as soon as I type in the criteria (as I am trying to segment the %'s into bands), like <+.10, that is when the overflow message occurs. If I go to the query where the original calculation is made, and type the criteria in there, I also get the overflow message.