Question Unanswered: Help Please - Issues with Db

Hi Again -

I'm trying to find out if the following can be done:
    I want to be able to add records to the many side for every record on the parent side. The record I want to add will have the same values for each parent, but some of the fields will be left blank for future use. For example: I want to add March of 2005 (two fields) to a child table where the Month and Year being added are obtained from a couple Combo Boxes and a third field based on those two fields is also added. Please let me know if this makes little sense! =)

Addition! Is there a way to have a list box or something similar of all the reports that exist for the Database so that a user can just double click one to run that Report?

Also, I am having trouble with adding Users and keeping the Db working correctly. Does anyone have a suggestion for a useful guide for adding User Levels and possible also splitting the Db. Should the Db be split if it is being used by just a couple of people that are accessing it from a shared drive?

I've been searching the forums for results to this problem, but I haven't had luck with finding close enough matches for me to change it to suit my needs. So if you have seen this before, I apologize!
    Last edited by Jennay; 02-07-05 at 17:46.

No ideas, huh?

Hi

Your first problem you posted is a bit confusing...

the listbox with all the reports can easily be achieved by using the system table MSysObjects as datasource. this table contains all objects in your database. maybe it's hidden but you can display the sys-tables by activating the System Objects checkbox in the Access options menu.
    The fields you require are "name" and "type" where -32764 should be a report.
    here's the sql for the datasource of the listbox:
    SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE MSysObjects.Type=-32764;

please specify the problems you're experiencing with multiple user access on your db.

greets