Unanswered: deletion from multiple tables

hi
    i m newto access 2000,in want to know how to delete records from multiple tables using access forms and thier controls......wat is the code to write using delete button ,so all record from all tables must be deleted.....let u know that i m using wizard to create buttons.......
    thanx.

Provided Answers: 59
    if you want to delete from multiple tables at the same time then you prabably want ot be using transactions (ie all changes succeed or all fail)

I'm not sure you can do this using a wizard. I'd do it by executing however many sql statements as there are tables to delete

overview....
    start transaction
    delete * from tablex where criteria=????
    delete * from tabley where criteria=????
    delete * from tablez where criteira=????
    end transaction
    //insert error handling to rollback the transcation if errors detected

place the code in a function, call the function from a command button, or macro

Provided Answers: 1
    If you have repationship between your tables, and you delete records form the master table using the sql (DELETE * FROM yourTable WHERE .....) then the affected recordes in the other tables will be also deleted..

i wanna know that code

exactly i wanna that deletion code........so i would use tat in function and call behind button

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    if you want to delete from multiple tables at the same time then you prabably want ot be using transactions (ie all changes succeed or all fail)

I'm not sure you can do this using a wizard. I'd do it by executing however many sql statements as there are tables to delete

overview....
    start transaction
    delete * from tablex where criteria=????
    delete * from tabley where criteria=????
    delete * from tablez where criteira=????
    end transaction
    //insert error handling to rollback the transcation if errors detected

place the code in a function, call the function from a command button, or macro

i wanna know that code

exactly i wanna that deletion code........so i would use tat in function and call behind button