Unanswered: Installing ORacle test database

We have two Oracle 9i Databases on a WIN2K Server in Production. I'd like to fool around with installing an Instance of Oracle on my Windows XP Desktop as a test/training tool. I think I was told that I could download software from ORacle to do just that, but I can't seem to find the software on their website. Can anyone help?

You'll find it here :

Oracle 10g downloads

You also have a link to 9i downloads at the bottom of the page.

Regards,

RBARAER
    Last edited by RBARAER; 02-08-05 at 10:00. Reason: Link to 9i

^Thanks much !!!

If I download and install: Oracle9i Database Release 2 Enterprise/Standard/Personal Edition for Windows NT/2000/XP on my XP Desktop, will I be able to test backups, import/export, and other drills?

If I download and install: Oracle9i Database Release 2 Enterprise/Standard/Personal Edition for Windows NT/2000/XP on my XP Desktop, will I be able to test backups, import/export, and other drills?
    Yes, you'll have the full functionalities of the version you install. Speaking of licensing, I think that as long as you only use it for a personal purpose, there's no problem. Check the license though. Be wary if you have Service Pack 2 installed, there may be problems with 9i, but I'm not sure, try and see .

Regards,

RBARAER