Thread: Multiple Forms

Cool Unanswered: Multiple Forms

I've got a main form with a button that opens another form to display additional table data (the opened form does not have nav buttions). Is there a way to link the two so that navigating on the main form changes the otherform at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by High_D
    I've got a main form with a button that opens another form to display additional table data (the opened form does not have nav buttions). Is there a way to link the two so that navigating on the main form changes the otherform at the same time?
    You'll have to do it yourself ... Keep track of which record # you're on in the child form and with moving from one record to the next issue GoToRecord calls to the parent form.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Quote Originally Posted by M Owen
    You'll have to do it yourself ... Keep track of which record # you're on in the child form and with moving from one record to the next issue GoToRecord calls to the parent form.
    I think I can get away with using a modal form (gonna run with it). If that's the case is there someway to set the properties of the childform to filter based on the primary key of the parent? I'm guessing that would give me exactly what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by High_D
    I think I can get away with using a modal form (gonna run with it). If that's the case is there someway to set the properties of the childform to filter based on the primary key of the parent? I'm guessing that would give me exactly what I need.
    If linked yes.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...