Unanswered: ASP.NET beginner

I am new beginner of ASP.net. I want to get MCSD. But i don't use .net before. Can Anybody give me help? First what software i need to install? Where do i begin to my first asp page? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yyu
    I am new beginner of ASP.net. I want to get MCSD. But i don't use .net before. Can Anybody give me help? First what software i need to install? Where do i begin to my first asp page? Thanks.

Here is a great site to start you on your way:

http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

On the left side there is a second for .NET maybe halfway down the page. Along with .net it has plenty of info on a lot of other languages. As for software, there are a few things you use for developing in .net. Can always buy the expensive Visual Studios, the free asp.net web matrix (http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1), or MS has some beta software out for asp.net 2.0. The 2.0 version is also in beta and I'm not sure of the release date right now. When it gets out of beta, I know MS has plans of selling the 2.0 tools at a very affordable price for those that do not work in the corporate world or work from home. If all else falls, download the .net sdk and simply use notepad to develop the aspx pages...

HTH

Thanks you very much! Now i am going to get the MCSD certification.
    I found that the examination called "Developing and implementing web applications wiht Microsoft visual basic.net and microsoft visual studio.net. I am not quite understand it. How they work together. ASP.NET,visual basic.net ,visual studio.net? Can you explain to me? For get the certification, i would like to use the software that they nee. Thanks again.

You will have to get use to the terms. Unlike old asp, asp.net is not a very restricted version of VB(vbscript). asp.net uses most of the classes that vb.net(or any other language like C#) uses with the changes mainly on the classes for the Forms and elements. Makes it nice since you can easily move code back and forth from vb to aspx projects with little to no problems. Visual Studio.net is simply their tool for working with the .net framework. Hopefully you are student, then you can hopefully get a pretty cheap copy of it. If not, its a pretty pricy tool.

Go to that site I posted. W3schools does a good job explaining it all.

Thanks. Now i have microsoft visual studionet 2003 Academic professional
    Do you know whether we have just professional developer? So i need to install academic professional.I found there are two disk need to install Is that correct? Many thanks
    Last edited by yyu; 02-09-05 at 15:28.

I honestly don't know. You will have to go to MS's website to check out the differences and decide then if you need to uninstall and reinstall the software.

Thank you

Thank you. I read the website you gave it to me. It is really helpful. First i need to install Microsoft .NET Framework. Thanks again!

...which you'll find on windowsupdate.com

I'd imagine that academic professional edition to be identical to the normal professional edition, just at a cheaper price and needing your lecturers signature to send back to microsoft for the official disks.

pity i'm not a student any more, 250 is a lot of money in anybody's world.