Unanswered: Printer settings

I have one report in a database which I want to go to a specific A3 printer all the rest can use the window default A4 printer. I open the chosen report in design view and select File page setup. I select specific printer and select the my A3 printer, I also setup the correct orientation , margine size etc. I then save the report. If I open this report then it previews ok and sends to the printer fine but when I close the database down and reopen it this particular report has gone back to the default A4 printer and has lost its orientaion and margin setings. WHy WHY WHY.

Provided Answers: 59
    must be something with the way Access instantiates objects.

If thgis is the only printer you have why not set tyhe printer configuration at load time for this report?

is it a shared db with multiple users?

Sorry I ment its one report of many all the other reports need to go to the A4 printer its just this one which need to go to A3 as it a big cross tag report. No its not a multiple user database as yet but it is split into front and back end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito_DB
    is it a shared db with multiple users?

Well, your Report's behaviour seems strange but you could try changing the default printer to the a3 printer bevore printing your report and on close of the Report switch again to the a4 printer.

here's the code to do that:

http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=5479

cheers

Will this method work on a Xp machine it mentions win 2000 ini files for the deafault printer settings.

i think so, because it writes the data to the registry.
    The entry in win.ini will only be used for compatibility, but i never really tried it.

The problem is I also need to change it to landscape and change the margine's sizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito_DB
    i think so, because it writes the data to the registry.
    The entry in win.ini will only be used for compatibility, but i never really tried it.

well you then have to change window's a3 printer settings which then will be used as standard. but that would only be suitable if you only use the a3 printer for that purpose.

have you ever tried creating a new report and paste all objects and code into it? i had some strange problems with reports that corrupted after working on them.