Unanswered: Help in importing text

Hi,

I have to export data in a table in one database through to another. I have to use .HTML to do this to make it easier. I have written code to import the HTML table into a temporary table in the recieving database. I then use queries to update the temp table before an append query finally updates that data into the master receiving table.

Now i've explained that - here's my problem.

I use a duplicate query to find duplicates in one of the fields in the master receiving table. However some of the records have blank fields in the fields that are being searched for duplicates. The duplicate query is finding these as duplicates even though they are blank.

How can I stop the query treating these empty fields as duplicates?

Many thanks in anticipation that someone actually understood all of that !!!

can you please post your query's sql

Here you go

Here it is

SELECT [Tbl Name].[Number], [Tbl Name].[Last Name], [Tbl Name].[First Name], [Tbl Name].DOB, [Tbl Name].SSN, [Tbl Jobs Table].[EM Job Name]
    FROM [Tbl Name] INNER JOIN [Tbl Jobs Table] ON [Tbl Name].Job = [Tbl Jobs Table].[Unique Number]
    WHERE ((([Tbl Name].[Number]) In (SELECT [Number] FROM [Tbl Name] As Tmp GROUP BY [Number] HAVING Count(*)>1 )))
    ORDER BY [Tbl Name].[Number];

what about extending your sql with a condition "[Tbl Name].[Number] Is Not Null"